IT WAS ALL A DREAM...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WS BLOG 1

I just wanted to explain briefly the processes of how my mind works sometimes when creating something. For my latest drawing ("WHITESNAKE IS A BAD INFLUENCE") it kind of started from me waking up from a dream that I was having about an old guy (already this sounds bad) singing a duet with a random pretty lady. The old guy was the dude from way back who used to play Sherlock Holmes. He was kind of singing and discreetly advising me at the same time to go and chat to the pretty red head lady he was duetting with. But I missed my chance because I WOKE UP! Just my luck. But the funny thing is while I was having this dream, Kings Of Convenience ft Feist "The Build Up" was playing on my headphones at the same time. So basically 'Sherlock' was 'The Convenient King' and and the mysterious redhead was voiced by Feist. Yes my mind is a little weird. As soon as I woke up I had this crazy urge to write how I felt at the time before losing the feeling, so I grabbed the nearest pen I and paper I could find, which ended up being a brown marker pen and a piece of cardboard.
The next couple of days consisted of a bit of drawing whilst listening to Whitesnake in the real world and the rest how they say is history.
© MR.FRIVOLOUS BLOG. Design by FCD.