IT REALLY IS A DIFFERENT WORLD

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

For the past month I've been watching quite a few re runs of A Different World. Now when I was younger I remember watching this on the weekdays but being the age that I was I probably didn't really understand some of the issues they tried to address. But going through some of the episodes now (No I'm not telling my age), I have to say Im totally hooked. The way they managed to mix humour and touch on real life issue was amazing.

In episode of ADW called War And Peace, Dwayne gets a visit from a good friend of his, Zelmer, an army reserve whos unit has been called to the Persian Gulf. Im not going to go indepth and write an essay here but it was interesting to see everyone's views on war, including Zelmer who eventually confesses his fears of going to the Gulf to Colonel Taylor whilst trying to keep a brave face at all times in front of Dwayne.



I have to say watching this, especially at the end where Dwayne and Zelmer take what possibly could be there last picture together made me almost cry some Man Tears (Yes MAN TEARS!!).

Its a shame they don't make shows like these anymore. Its funny how I always have to go back to the past to find inspiration.

Oh and just so you know I used to fancy the pants off of Whitley (Jasmine Guy) and STILL DO!!!!!

1z30vwk
tumblr_ly0srxaiBF1qa3m67o1_500
1339135923_tumblr_lai2a0AqOV1qbxgvso1_500
jazz
© MR.FRIVOLOUS BLOG. Design by FCD.